|Monday - April 3, 2017||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday - April 4, 2017||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday - April 5, 2017||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday - April 6, 2017||10:00 am - 3:00 pm|
Mighty Line Safety Floor Tape
- Installs Quickly
- Has a thicker profile
- No dry time like paint does
- No production down time in your facility
- Removes Easily unlike painting
- Has beveled edges and a peel and stick adhesive
A Guide to 5S Tape Colors for Lean Manufacturing
At Mighty Line Tape, we recognize that workplaces with clear and logical communication tend to operate more safely and efficiently. This is why we offer a variety of 5S tape colors and safety products that will decrease injuries and increase the overall productivity of your facility.
Our Guide to a Safe and Efficient Workplace
- What items do you need most often, and which are unnecessary?
- Which items should be closer to each other?
- Which should be closer to the shipping area?
- Where should trash cans be located?
- Where are the most likely collision points?
- Which passageways tend to get blocked?
- What are the safety hazards?
Document your answers and create a plan for your workplace. To ensure workplace organization for years to come, conduct an annual review of your plan, and revise as needed.
The Basic 5S Steps
5S is an organization method that when properly implemented and followed can greatly improve the productivity and safety of a workplace. 5S stands for:
- Sort – Sort through all the items in a location and leave only what is necessary.
- Set in Order – Use 5S floor tape colors and floor markers to show workflow patterns, delineate work areas, and mark proper placement of tools, inventories, and machinery.
- Shine – Make your workplace shine and keep employee morale high with regular cleaning.
- Standardize – Make a routine for your workers. Ensure that they always know what they’re supposed to do, how best to do it, and when to do it. 5S tape colors, floor signs, and placement markers can play a big role in helping standardize a workplace.
- Sustain – Ensure that these practices are not just rules and that instead they are an integral piece of company culture.
5S Tape Colors
- Yellow – Yellow indicates safe paths for walking in a facility and is one of the most commonly used 5S tape colors.
- Red – To designate dangerous areas and emergency exits, red floor marking tape is used.
- Black – In 5S workplaces, black tape is used to mark finished goods areas.
- Blue – Blue floor marking tape is used in facilities to signify zones that contain works in progress or equipment that is under repair.
- Orange – Orange tape is used to denote products or materials that are held for inspection.
- Green – In a 5S workplace, green tape marks safety-related areas such as eyewash stations and safety showers.
- White – White tape is typically used to mark off production equipment such as machines, carts, and incoming racks in a 5S facility.
These recommendations for 5S tape colors are based on industry common practice and comply with OSHA guidelines.
Additional 5S Products We Offer
In addition to 5S floor tape colors, we offer a variety of other products designed to keep your facility safe and organized. The 5S safety products we provide include:
- Diagonal floor tape
- Striped floor tape
- Glow floor tape
- 5S floor tape shapes
- 5S floor signs
- Custom safety products
Our safety products are commonly used in warehouses, oil and gas facilities, healthcare and hospitality environments, and a variety of other workplaces.
How to Apply 5S Floor Tape Colors and Mighty Line Safety Products
- Ensure the installation area is clean and dry, and that the temperature of the floor is above 50ºF.
- Adhere an edge of floor tape or sign to the floor and remove the adhesive backing as you go.
- Walk over the applied tape or sign to ensure a quality, long-lasting bond.
- Clean the tape or sign regularly to ensure maximum visibility.
Contact Us for 5S Floor Marking Colors and Other Safety Products
Ready to improve the safety, efficiency, and profitability of your workplace? At Mighty Line Tape, we carry all the products you need to implement the 5S method at your facility. Contact us today for 5S floor tape colors or any other safety products you need.
Sorting is accomplished by removing unneeded items and leaving in place only critical items necessary to obtain optimal production. Set things in order by using different color Mighty Line floor tapes and floor markers to show work flow patterns, establish borders between work areas and mark the proper placement of tools, inventories, and machinery. Your facility will shine with the proper placement inventory tools, and machinery identified with brightly colored Mighty Line floor tapes, markers and signs. Standardize your optimized facility layout by photographing the properly placed flow lines, border lines, machinery and inventory placement markers and instructional floor signs. Use your pictures to sustain optimum facility layout and as a reference for future continuous improvement re-arrangement options. Finally, use Mighty Line safety tapes, floor markers, and safety floor signs to identify, communicate, and reinforce proper safety practices. View the online catalog here: http://www.mightyline.net/ml5scatalog/index.html