Stop Sign Awareness
On today’s podcast – we’re going to be covering Stop Sign Awareness. So stay tuned.
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy – we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way – let’s get to the Podcast!
Today we’re going to be talking about Stop Sign Awareness.
Right from the start – it’s not just the classic Red Stop Sign we’re referring to here. This podcast includes lights, signs, tape, and displays with a Stop Message associated with them.
Have you ever had to work in an environment that smells REALLY bad? When you first arrive – you think, “How do people deal with this?!?” A few minutes later – you can hardly smell any longer. You just get used to it.
The exact same thing happens with visuals. When you first see a sign, tape, display, and/or light – for a while, they’ll catch your attention. But as time goes by – they eventually become invisible to you. You might retain the muscle memory of stopping at certain areas – but many times, don’t actually see the visual.
Do you see how this could be extremely dangerous? It might go days, weeks, and months before an issue occurs – but eventually will.
And keep in mind – it might not be the person that’s supposed to be seeing the visual that’s the issue. It might be someone passing through an area – that’s clearly marked to avoid – that causes the issue.
Regardless of who is responsible for not following the “signs” – the first mistake might be their last.
It’s vital that Safety Teams and/or management make paying attention to ALL the signs – Stop and otherwise – a top priority. This is not something you put in a manual and assume people will just do it. You have to train and revisit that training on a regular basis. Otherwise, it and other safety procedures will become invisible to those that need to see them.
We look forward to seeing you next week for another Warehouse Safety Tips.
Until then, have a great week and STAY SAFE!
Before moving on – here’s a word from one of our sponsors.
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We’re proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com
– you’ll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have a SAFE day!