On today’s podcast – we’re going to be answering the question “Do you reward safety?”.
So stay tuned.
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy – we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way – let’s get to the Podcast!
Have you ever read a book or watched a movie where a bunch of puzzle pieces come together and provide a big reveal? Chances are you have. Although I’ve spent a great deal of time in the tech world – in my younger days, I spent a lot of time in factories and warehouses. Safety and the implementation of it were a huge part of my job. In addition to safety – I learned about ISO, OSHA, Six Sigma, 5S Methodology, and Lean Manufacturing. Then today – I found several pictures of my Mom holding money bouquets as prizes for winning Safety Slogan Contests. In doing so I released I’ve been around safety a lot longer than I’d thought. I remember sitting around the kitchen table as a kid and helping her create and pick what we thought would be good submissions.
This brought me to the question of this podcast, “Do you reward safety?”
Most employees don’t want to take their jobs home with them. But, when there’s an incentive – things change.
Are you doing things at your facility that make your staff feel involved with your safety program? If so – great! If not – why?
One of my Mom’s winning Safety Messages was, “Where Safety Reigns, There Will Be Gains”. That would be printed on huge banners and hung throughout the facility until it was replaced by the next year’s winner. But can you imagine the pride my Mom must have felt looking up and seeing her winning submission each day?
And how true was that message? “Where Safety Reigns, There Will Be Gains”. It’s a mindset we as safety-minded professionals individuals should embrace!
It doesn’t have to be a contest, but find a way to involve and reward your staff for improved safety – and you’re going to find there WILL be gains!
We look forward to seeing you next week for another Warehouse Safety Tips.
Until then, have a great week and STAY SAFE!
Before moving on – here’s a word from one of our sponsors.
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We’re proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com
– you’ll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have a SAFE day!