On today’s Podcast – we’re going to be covering Forklift Safety. So stay tuned…
Welcome to Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy – we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way – let’s get to the Podcast!
For those of you listening that work in an environment with lots of Forklift Traffic – you’re probably numb to what I’m about to say. By the way – we’ll be addressing that in this Podcast as well.
But if you haven’t been in an environment like that, as a Forklift Operator or someone who works among them – you’ll be amazed when you see it. “It” being a controlled chaos of almost hive-like activity. Especially in Distribution Centers with dozens (Even HUNDREDS) of Loading Dock Doors. Watching it live is crazy enough – but if you could watch a couple minutes on fast forward – you wouldn’t believe your eyes! It’s an absolutely WHIRL of activity!
One thing allows this to happen.
That safety is divided into several different components – and we’ll be doing a high level look at some of the most important ones.
Before moving on – here’s a word from one of our sponsors.
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We’re proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
Now back to the Podcast…
- All the rules of your facility for BOTH overall safety and operation of Fork/Lift Trucks
- Safety Floor Markings and Signs (Possibly even traffic like lighting in some areas)
- Speed Limits
- Load rules and regulations
- Fork Height and/or Tilt
- Pedestrian Guidelines
- Travel Conditions – assuring wherever you are is free of debris, obstacles, and/or anything that can cause you to damage wheels and/or lose control in any way. Some areas have water and/or oils that are unavoidable. These areas need to have additional attention to assure handling and stopping is under control.
- Safety Equipment that needs to be worn during operation.
- Your overall surroundings.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have a SAFE day!
The post Warehouse Safety Tips | Episode 30 | Forklift Safety appeared first on Warehouse Safety Tips.