On this episode of Warehouse Safety Tips – we’re going to discuss sliding, falling, tripping, and slipping in the workplace.
So stay tuned…
Welcome to Warehouse Safety Tips!
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com.
- Pallets in the way of walk/vehicle paths.
- Pallets – regardless of where they are – that are damaged and aren’t fit to hold product or could injure someone.
- Staff walking in places they shouldn’t be.
- Items left laying around your facility that should be picked up and/or put/thrown away.
- Staff not using proper harnesses when working in areas that require it.
- First – the proper Safety Markings. Safety Tape, Angles, and Signs indicate caution areas and at the same time make sure there’s a place for everything and everything’s in its place.
- Second – staff paying attention to and following those Safety Markings. As we discussed in our first Podcast – following the 5S Methodology, you can prevent a lot of potential issues by just being proactive.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leave no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
- As simple as it might sound – keeping areas dry is the first step. This can be done via regular mopping and squeegeeing to assure areas are dry, running fans/heaters, and/or having absorbent mats at entrances and trouble areas.
- Having staff report areas that are wet is yet another simple step. Maintenance can’t address what they don’t know about.
- This can be accomplished with maintenance of the outdoors via shoveling and/or putting down ice melt whenever snow is an issue. Training staff to stomp their feet and wipe them on mats to try and avoid dragging wet, snow, and/or ice covered footwear onto dry areas.
- Putting down Wet Floor Signs to alert staff to areas that have slick surfaces.
- And making sure staff wears the proper protective and slip resistance footwear – to guard against falls.
The post Warehouse Safety Tips | Episode 4 | Sliding, Falling, Tripping and Slipping appeared first on Warehouse Safety Tips.