3 Ways To Avoid Slips
On today’s Podcast, we’ll be covering 3 Ways To Avoid Slips – so stay tuned.
Welcome to Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy – we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way – let’s get to the Podcast!
- 6S Methodology (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, and Safety). By striving to make your facility more safe, productive, and organized every day – hopefully you’ll find and prevent slip hazards before they occur.
- Even though you can’t always know what’s going to cause slips – there are some usual situations to watch out for. This could include (But isn’t limited to):
- Weather. Especially rain, ice, and snow. If you know you and your staff are going to track in these various forms of moisture – try to get ahead of the situation with absorbent mats, Wet Floor Signs, regular mopping, fans, and anything else you can do to keep surfaces dry.
- Machines / Vehicles that leak water, fuel, oil, and/or lubricates. First do whatever you can to stop these leaks. What you can’t stop – be sure to make staff aware of the situation and try to clean leaks up as they occur. Having spill containment products at the ready will greatly aid with areas like this.
- Safety Floor Markings and Signs. Making your staff aware of areas that are or could become slick – is a great step towards preventing slips. This can be done with temporary and permanent signs – as well as with tape and floor markings. In reference to tape – not only can tape direct people to move within safe areas and/or alert them to areas that need attention. It can also provide stability in the form of anti-slip and/or gripping tape.
Before moving on – here’s a word from one of our sponsors.
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We’re proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
The post Warehouse Safety Tips | Episode 40 | 3 Ways To Avoid Slips appeared first on Warehouse Safety Tips.