Keeping BOTH Feet On The Ground
On today’s podcast – we’re going to be covering keeping BOTH feet on the ground. So stay tuned.
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy – we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way – let’s get to the Podcast!
Many of our messages are simple and to the point. And as I’ve mentioned in past episodes – many of the messages we deliver on this podcast come from experiences in facilities and/or life.
Our message today is one from life – but certainly one that happens in facilities all the time, and that’s slipping.
Our son plays high school football. This time of the year in Ohio, it’s not out of the ordinary for there to be rain, snow, and/or ice present. But for what I’m about to mention – just being damp is enough. Enough for what? Enough to make metal bleachers become incredibly slippery to walk on. Before finding a seat this week – I almost wiped out twice in just a couple of minutes. At the same game – there were kids running and sliding on the bleachers (“Risky Business” Style) too.
A month or so ago, I mentioned we’ve covered this topic before – and that we’d cover it again. This situation is no different. It’s JUST that important!
I mentioned the following items as potential ways to cut down incidents:
- If you’re in an area with regular rain, snow, and/or ice – stamp and wipe your shoes/boots off at entrances.
- Have mats and/or fans at entrances and areas that get slick.
- Make sure there are floor markings and/or signs alerting staff that areas are slick.
- Use floor markings and/or signs with non-slip properties. Anything that has a grip to it is ideal.
- Have maintenance regularly mop slick areas.
- And one of THE most important tips of all – if you see an area is wet or slick, alert the proper people and do one or several of the before mentioned tips.
Something I neglected to mention that should be common sense but isn’t – is not taking chances and/or participating in horseplay.
Much like the above-mentioned kids purposely sliding – even though it’s a movie reference, it IS Risky Business!
If you know an area is one where slips and falls are possible, work with maintenance and management to remedy the situation as thoroughly as possible.
And even though it might take you back to your youth and/or look fun – NEVER try to slide and/or take part in any horseplay while at work.
Your safety and the safety of your co-workers should never SLIP your mind!
Before moving on – here’s a word from one of our sponsors.
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We’re proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com
– you’ll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have a SAFE day!