Safety Colors | Talk #2 | Warehouse Safety Tips
By Matt N. and Wes Wyatt
To watch this Warehouse Safety Tips episode, click here
On this episode of Warehouse Safety Tips, we’re going to discuss the meanings of Safety Tape colors in the workplace.
When it comes to colors in the workplace, there are two colors that are going to be the most universal. Those two colors are red and yellow. We’ll go over the specific uses for these and all the other colors. Since they do vary in some cases from location to location,.
Colors in the Warehouse
From the time you can read and recognize colors, you learn that yellow means caution and red means stop. In the workplace, it’s no different. When it comes to safety, here are what the following colors denote:
Yellow – exercise caution due to Pedestrian Walkways and/or Aisle Ways.
Red – displays Safety or Emergency Pathways.
White – signifies Production Equipment, such as Machines, Carts, and Incoming Racks.
Green – signifies Safety Related Equipment, Raw Material Areas, and Eye Wash and Spillage Showers.
Blue – marks Work in Progress Areas or Equipment Under Repair Zones.
Black – signifies Finished Goods Areas.
Not all warnings related to safety have only one color. For instance, Diagonal or Chevron markings will have two colors.
Examples of Multicolored Warnings
Yellow and Black – signify EXTRA Caution Areas, Pedestrian Walkways, and Aisle Ways.
Yellow and Red – signify Safety Equipment Areas, Fire Extinguishers, Electrical Panels, and/or AED Machines.
While there are other solid and diagonal colors in the workplace, these are the main ones you’ll experience.
Thank you for listening to Episode Two of Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
For The Mighty Line 5S Floor Marking Guide and Color Recommendations, visit: https://issuu.com/mightylinefloortape/docs/floormarking_guideshield/3