To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be covering taking advantage of holidays and shutdowns.
What do Summer, Holidays, and end-of-year Vacation Days all have in common? Shutdowns and much less staff and production. Now, what does that have to do with safety? The less staff and overall production, the more attention that can be given to inspection and walk-throughs. Not only that, but it can be done without rushing or getting in the way.
Think of the difference between putting down new safety tape and signs during production or doing it with everything partially or completely shut down. The second option is much easier to deal with! But it’s not just the physical tasks, such as testing safety equipment, taking inventory of PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), assuring safety lights and signs are working, and making sure all fire extinguishers, first aid kits, chemical showers, defibrillators, and eyewash stations are up to date and in working order. Using the absence of staff and production can help you think about ways to make your facility safer and more organized. You can walk your facility and implement the 5S Methodology at several stopping points to assure there’s a place for everything and everything is in its place.
Taking the time to work on the physical and mental aspects of safety during slow and stopped production will help you make your facility safer, more organized, and productive than ever.
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.