Safety: Embracing "You Against You" for Facility Well-being
To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be covering what you do when nobody is looking at your facility.
I often reference something that happened when I was right at a year of doing this podcast. A person contacted me about doing some social media and was impressed by the consistency of our show. If you’re consistently posting new episodes in podcasting, you’re most likely in the top 15% or higher of podcasters. This episode marks triple digits. That’s right – 100 episodes! 100 weeks in a row, never having missed even one. Don’t take that as bragging. Instead, take it as pride in being able to consistently complete what was hired to do.
This episode is entitled, “You Against You”. It’s about what you do when nobody is looking at your facility that matters the most. The writing for portions of this podcast was assisted by AI. As I input information into it, it learns what I want more information about. The more information I provide, the better the learning gets, and the better the information that pops out is. As employees, we do the same thing. We’re given information, we work, situations occur (sometimes good sometimes bad), and we learn from those situations.
It’s easy to forget about safety when nobody’s looking. But it’s what you do when management isn’t watching that’s most important to your safety. The “you against you” mentality of safety is one you just have to embrace. When you neglect to follow safety procedures, wear the required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), or do anything outside of the rules of your facility, you might think you’re getting away with something, but you’re only fooling yourself. You have to be your supervisor when you’re on your own or away from management. You need to be proactive, know how to access resources, and follow procedures so you can prevent issues and stay safe on the job.
This podcast series helps you make the right decisions, even when no one is watching. We keep each episode short and to the point, so you can easily consume on your ride to work or just before starting your shift. Keeping your workplace safe and injury-free with these helpful tips to improve your awareness is what we strive to do. Hopefully, it will help you remember what you need to do when it comes to safely operating machinery, handling materials, and following health and safety policies. Safety is everybody’s business, and we’re in the business of keeping you and your facility safe!
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
« Back to Blog