To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be covering Stair Safety at your facility.
Staircases are unavoidable at many locations, but keep in mind that they can be dangerous. Stair slip, trip, and fall-related accidents frequently occur in warehouses and factories more than you could ever imagine, and we want to make sure that you and your fellow employees are safe.
Although a simple list, here are a few steps to greatly increase your chances of safely navigating stairs at your facility.
Always keep stairs free of all obstacles and debris.
Make sure stairs are kept as dry as possible. Hopefully, the stairs are slip-proof if you work in an area where surfaces stay wet and slick. If not, be sure to regularly dry stairs, keep fans blowing on the stairs, and add a product that adds an anti-slip via grit/grip.
If you’re carrying something, make sure you can see your feet and surroundings.
Use railings whenever possible.
Never participate in horseplay on or around stairs!
Take your time navigating stairs. Don’t run up or down and attempt to skip stairs.
Make sure you communicate with people going up and down stairways.
If you see an issue you can’t handle, be sure to let maintenance and management know immediately.
Last, but certainly not least, the number one tip is pay attention! This step alone will eliminate most issues.
The most important thing to remember is that every employee has the right to work in a safe and secure environment. If you don’t provide stair safety in your facility, it’s a violation of OSHA regulations, and an unsafe working environment for your employees. To remedy this situation, you need to identify the problem immediately and fix it. Your facility can accomplish avoiding issues through education and training for your employees to understand the dangers of using hazardous stairs and how to prevent injuries by using proper steps at all times. You can also put up clear signs, so employees know which stairs are safe to use at all times. If you follow these guidelines and take the necessary precautions, your warehouse or factory will be operating safely and efficiently for years to come.
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.