To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s podcast, we’re going to be covering doing everything as if you’re the only one at your facility.
When I was younger, I worked in several factory/warehouse facilities. One of the areas that almost always had the most damage, neglect, and chaos was the battery charging area. This area was notorious for batteries left unplugged, loaded incorrectly, and batteries and their accessories left broke or misplaced for the next person. It was maddening trying to deal with that area. Not only were you behind due to needing a battery change, but the extra time needed to deal with what the persons before you had done only intensified the situation.
Imagine how things would change if every staff member treated areas as if they were the only people there. Bathrooms would be much cleaner. Microwaves wouldn’t look like a crime scene. Boots would be stomped and wiped clean and dry before walking around the facility. Things would be put back exactly as they were found. And battery charging areas would be a breeze to get in and out of. Right?!? Well, maybe things wouldn’t be quite that blissful. But if you were following you, you might be less likely to make more work for yourself by doing everything as right as possible in the first place.
What’s the moral of our story? Do what’s right when people are and aren’t looking. Wear your PPE because you want to be safe, not because it’s a rule or OSHA Guideline. Take pride in a job well done with everything you do. You may not be able to change everyone at your facility, but you can change what you do. Act as if you are the only one.
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.