Double-Check for Safety: Avoid Assumptions
To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be covering double-checking safety.
Many of the topics we come up with mirror our daily lives. Our episode today is no different. I just finished speaking to our daughter, who’s attending college all the way across the country. She’s coming home to visit in a few days and asked if we could pay for her to have a carry-on for her flights. Based on previous flights, I told her she would be permitted a carry-on as part of her ticket price. I assumed it would be the same for this flight.
Upon checking, I found out they’d changed their policy and my assumption was incorrect. Have you ever heard what happens when you assume? Since we keep things as rated PG as possible, let’s just say it’s not a good practice. This is especially true when it comes to safety!
Although I just told you not to assume when it comes to safety, it’s safe to assume that guessing you’re right is usually a bad idea. Examples of this could be:
Not seeing any indication of a lockout/tagout and starting up a machine without any other further inspection.
Eyeballing the height of an entrance while driving a lift truck and thinking you’ll clear it.
Driving through an area you’re not supposed to be in because you think nobody will be there.
Neglecting to wear required PPE because you’re only going to be in an area for a very short time.
All of these assumptions and many more not mentioned could all result in anything from minor damage to death. The point is, it’s not worth assuming! Many situations that could have been avoided were things that happened after chances had been taken several times over. All rules, no matter how trivial they may be perceived, are in place for a reason. Keep yourself, your fellow employees, and your facility safe and sound by never assuming and following the rules at all times!
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
« Back to Blog