To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be covering preventing falls.
It’s Fall! We love the season, but do not like the action! Slip and fall prevention isn’t a new topic to this Podcast. We’ve covered it before, we’re going to cover it today, and when Winter arrives in areas that get snow and ice, we’ll talk about it more. And it’ll keep coming up after that.
Do you see a trend here? It’s just that important! We aren’t naive, and fully realize some accidents just happen. But notice we said “prevention”. When it comes to safety, anything we can do to prevent things before they happen, we’re going to harp on it over and over again.
In previous episodes, we mentioned that emergency room visits exceed eight million per year due to falls. Although we hope it’s not, that number is probably much higher now! Of those falls, approximately 12 percent are slip and fall accidents. What does this mean for facilities? Of course, the lost safety for its staff, but also lost time and money. And they can be avoided! Once again, prevention!
What can you do to make your facility safe from slips and falls? Here are several tips to get started.
- If you’re in an area with regular rain, snow, or ice, stamp and wipe your shoes/boots off at entrances.
- Have mats or fans at entrances and areas that get slick.
- Make sure there are floor markings and signs alerting staff that areas are slick.
- Use floor markings and signs with non-slip properties.
- Have maintenance regularly mop slick areas.
- And one of the most important tips of all; if you see an area is wet or slick, alert the proper people and do one or several of the before mentioned tips.
By just taking extra time at the moment, we’ll save a lot of time and money in the future. And, most importantly, we'll make our facilities and staff safe.
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.