To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be talking about Working from Home.
I just received a notification from LinkedIn about a post entitled “Workplace Re-Entry: When Is It Happening?” For those individuals considered non-essential, I think restrictions are here to stay for a while. And if you haven’t been released from distanced duties yet, I wouldn’t hold your breath. So my answer to the LinkedIn Post was, “Not Soon!” Of course, I’m not in charge of or privileged to any information to make accurate predictions on the matter. In my opinion, a better question would be, “What do you do when you’re essential and working from home isn’t an option?” Like it or not, warehouses have to keep working or almost everything comes to a stop.
We spoke about this on a recent episode, but it’s worth mentioning again. Although this is a high-level list of things to do, they are musts for being allowed to keep working in a distanced culture.
By now, your facility should have measures in place for social distancing. This will include an action plan, and in most cases, signs or floor markings reminding you of those plans in reference to where you are at the time. Knowing, and even more importantly, following those plans, signs, and floor markings will be half the battle.
Wearing appropriate PPE, especially masks and gloves.
Following your Kindergarten Rules. Wash and keep your hands to yourself and cover your mouth by coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
Stand apart (generally 6 ft) from fellow staff whenever possible. And stagger breaks and lunches to limit the number of people together in the same space.
If possible, implement one-way traffic flows.
Sanitize whenever appropriate.
Most of these things have become second nature, but if we can just continue doing them hopefully, our warehouses will stay on the essential list!
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.