To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be covering getting creative with structure.
On our last episode, I spoke about an artist named Christopher Paul Dean, who uses safety floor tape in his artwork. The reason we showcased him was his out-of-the-box thinking. This week, I was trying to exercise my own out-of-the-box thinking, and it led me to the dual meanings of words. Specifically, the word “structure”.
When it comes to safety, I found the Oxford Dictionary’s verb definition to be most fitting. It’s defined as:
Construct or arrange according to a plan; give a pattern or organization to:
Doesn’t that sound like the 5 and 6S Methodology we’ve covered in many of our episodes? Plans are a must when it comes to safety. Remember what Benjamin Frankin said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!”. But sometimes having a plan isn’t enough. To quote Benjamin Franking one more time, “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” The energy he speaks of is action. The persistence is doing it over and over again until complete. Of course, we know that safety shouldn’t have a summit we ever reach. But instead, we are constantly striving to improve.
I mentioned dual meanings. From what you apply safety to, I found the Oxford Dictionary’s noun definition to be most fitting. It’s defined as:
A building or other object constructed from several parts.
When working within your facility, be sure you’re ever mindful of the actual structure around you. I mean that in a literal sense. Especially when operating equipment such as lift trucks. Pay extra attention to racks and posts. Running into these structures can cause everything from simple damage to a devasting collapse of either a rack or portion of your building. Whether it’s the guidelines you have in place or the physical items you apply them to, the structure of safety is something you want to be thinking about and acting on.
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.