To watch this episode, click here.
On today’s episode, we’re going to be talking about the fourth S of the 5S Methodology: STANDARDIZE.
By joining us today, you’ve made it over the hump of the 5S Methodology. We started with the first S, which is SORT. Sorting, as it pertains to safety, is determining the things that are essential from the things that are not essential. Next, we covered the second S, which is STRAIGHTEN. Straightening, as it pertains to safety, is making everything that’s essential easily and efficiently accessible. In addition, it allows for a system of always knowing where those essential items are, who’s using them, and where they go when no longer needed. Last week, we were at the halfway mark with the third S, which is SHINE. Shining, as it pertains to safety, is cleaning at regular and efficient intervals. And while doing so, inspecting everything around you to assure everything’s running properly.
That brings us to this week, which takes us to the fourth S, STANDARDIZE. Standardization, as it pertains to safety, is the organization of the first 3 S’s. It allows you to take sorting, order, and cleaning, and create routines that ensure all three are being implemented in the safest and efficient manner possible. Everyone on your team should be 100 percent knowledgeable in not only the completion of the routines, but also in their constant improvement.
Next week what we’re going to be talking about is the next step, which is SUSTAIN. Stay tuned!
Check Out Our Other Episodes!
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have SAFE day!
Information from Warehouse Safety Tips!
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in this industry are busy, we understand that time is money. Because of this, each episode will be as short and to the point as possible. You can find the show notes to each episode, links to information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafteyTips.com
More About Mighty Line Floor Tape
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What Makes Mighty Line the Superior Choice in Keeping Your Facility Safe and Productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market, and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This gives you the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily, without the associated downtime of painting, or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape!
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. If they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again – Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.