Work Zone Safety
On today’s podcast – we’re going to be covering Work Zone Safety at your facility. So stay tuned.
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we’re on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com
If you’re a seasoned Podcast Listener – this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It’s based around exactly what the name implies – Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy – we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way – let’s get to the Podcast!
If you’ve ever played a game like Monopoly, Chutes & Ladders, and/or Life – you’re familiar with following a path.
Were you able to see your facility from above – you’d probably see similar paths to follow. These paths usually wind in and out of what we call work zones. These are the areas where production, maintenance, and/or some sort of activity is taking place – and are usually limited to those who are supposed to be there.
Sticking with the game references from above – it would be awesome if work zones were like the game Operation. Where every time you ventured into areas you didn’t belong in, there was a loud buzz. Unfortunately, we’re usually limited to simple signs and/or lines. And unlike the buzz of Operation – when it happens in real life, people can get injured and/or killed when venturing into the wrong areas.
On this podcast, we constantly reference doing walk-throughs of your facility to see areas where you could improve safety, productivity, and organization. If you were to do this in reference to walkways and work zones – how would your facility rate for the effectiveness of labeling the two? Would you trust a visitor to be safe in knowing where to go without issue? If not – then you have work to do. If so – then be sure to constantly revisit your layouts to try and improve the effectiveness even more.
As simple as it sounds – the use of colors we’re all accustomed to can work best. The green means go, yellow means caution, and red means stop variations of a stoplight are universally recognized safety colors.
Letting people know where they can and can’t go will greatly contribute to the safety of your facility!
We look forward to seeing you next week for another Warehouse Safety Tips.
Until then, have a great week and STAY SAFE!
Before moving on – here’s a word from one of our sponsors.
If you’ve ever been to or worked in a warehouse – you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It’s almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It’s these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you’re looking for the best products to make this happen – look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line’s peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation – and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily – and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line’s Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don’t have what you’re looking for in stock – their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you’re looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least – Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We’re proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com
– you’ll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips – and have a SAFE day!